Le Mas des Oliviers is part of the historic estate and mill of Moulin de la Roque - a small provencal hammeau located in the heart of Provence, between Saint-Remy-de-Provence, Avignon, the Luberon, Chateauneuf du Pape and the Pont du Gard. All are just an easy short drive away.
Why, the Mas des Oliviers? Surrounding this charming 3 bedroom house is a garden of century old olive trees still bearing olives each year. This house has been cleverly restored or created inside an old historic building that once stored the grain for the mill and still retains the original stone walls and beamed ceilings of another age.
Entering this house from your terrace, you will find a cozy living space with exposed beamed ceilings, original stone walls and large old stone fireplace built from the stone of Les Baux de Provence. Decorated with cheerful provencal fabric and high quality antiques and furniture, you will feel at home and relaxed in the nice salon. If you wish to still stay in touch with the world, you will find a large flat screen television with english channels and DVD player. If not, relax with some nice music from the stereo where you can connect your smart phone, ipod or just cds.
Open to both the salon and the kitchen, your dining area with oak table and chairs can seat up to 8 persons. Just adjacent is a nice fully equipped kitchen with large island and bar.
Through large french windows and double glass french doors you have a stunning view of the central courtyard gardens with century old olive trees, geraniums, lavendar, Lauriel Rose (Orleander) and Bignone vines.
Where you will spend most of your time is on your large stone terrace with comfortable teak chairs, teak table and parasol and lounge chairs. You also have a built-in barbecue and pergola (coming soon).
On the ground level, you will find a nice bedroom with your choice of king or single beds , an ensuite bath (shower with bench and sink) and a toilet or powder room separate from the bath. This bedroom offers a private entrance to the terrace through double glass doors. Nice light fills this room from these french doors there is a large skylight for star gazing.
You will reach the second floor by a stone and tiled gently curving staircase. Here there are two uniquely designed bedrooms with original exposed beamed ceilings. The master bedroom, decorated in Provencal yellow fabrics, has a stunning view of the upper olive tree gardens, forest and Bignone vines. There is an ensuite bath with two person tub and sink and a private toilet room apart from the bath. The second bedroom is large (a third bed can be added here) and a large skylight brings in nice Provencal sunshine. It includes an ensuite bath with shower and bench, sink and toilet. The washing machine is conveniently located in this bath.
All bedrooms are decorated in colorful high quality Provencal fabrics and décor. Any bedroom can be either king size (1m80 by 1m80 or 2m or single beds.
- Private terrace
- Teak table and chairs
- Living area with stone fireplace:
- Flat screen TV,
with DVD player and English channels
- private internet line phone
- Stereo Radio/CD/Mp3 connection
(connection USB & SD card, MP3 compatible)
- WIFI Internet access
- Oak dining table and chairs for up to 8 persons
- Fully equipped modern kitchen (with old world charm) including gas cook top, convection oven, microwave, refrigerator/ freezer, dishwasher and washing machine, Espresso machine
- Half bath with sink
- Bedroom 1 : Single beds (can be king upon request), bright, cheerful fabric, private entrace to terrace and private bath/shower.
- Bedroom 2 : Spacious with king bed, exposed beamed high ceilings, stone wall, beautiful view of olive trees, central courtyard garden, large private bath 2 person tub/shower, sink and separate toilet.
- Bedroom 3 : with two single beds (can be king upon request), exposed beamed high ceilings and walls, large skylight windows, private bath with shower, sink and toilet and washing machine. (Possible to add a third bed for children upon request, see rate).