La Bergerie, located on the historic estate of Moulin de la Roque, places you in the heart of Provence, ideally placed between Saint-Remy-de-Provence, Arles, Avignon, the Luberon, the wine region of the Cote du Rhone and Chateauneuf-du-Pape and the Pont du Gard. All are just an easy short drive away.
This 18th century building was once a barn for sheep (bergerie) artfully restored to a charming 3 bedroom villa. Shade trees and Provencal green shutters will give you a real feeling of the South of France. Facing the southern garden on two sides, you have wonderful views from every window of this house.
Entering the house from the garden, you will find a spacious but cozy living area with natural stone arched fireplace from an ancient kiln used to create the terracotta roof tiles. There is spacious and comfortable seating for all on a large upholstered sectional sofa. You will find a flat screen television with DVD player and stereo with CD and MP3 connection. Just adjacent is a powder room with toilet and sink.
The dining area open to both the kitchen and the salon includes a large old oak table coming from the château of the parents of Baron Fallon. A charming double French window looks out to the southern garden bringing in plenty of sunlight. A serving bar separates the dining area and an ample fully equipped kitchen, complete with dishwasher, microwave, convection oven, gas cooktop, espresso and coffee machines, and washing machine/dryer. Beside the kitchen, you will have convenient access to your large private stone Wisteria covered terrace with teak furniture, teak lounge chairs and built-in barbecue. Your view on the southern garden is stunning.
On the second floor there are three comfortable bedrooms all decorated in the traditional Provencal style. All three bedrooms could be either king size beds (1m80 by 1m80) or 2 single beds. There is two baths on this floor and a private toilet room separate from the bath. One bath is ensuite to the master bedroom with Italien shower in travertine marble and sink. The second bath included tub/shower, sink and cheerful Provencal tiles.
- Private Wisteria covered stone terrace
- Built-in Barbecue
- Teak table, chairs and 2 lounge chairs
- Cozy living area with original stone fireplace, beamed ceilings, comfortable large sofa:
- Flat screen TV,
with DVD player
- private phone
- Stereo Radio/CD
(connection USB & SD card, MP3 compatible)
- WIFI Internet access
- Charming dining area with antique oak table and chairs.
- Fully equipped kitchen with microwave, dishwasher and washing machine separated by an oak serving bar.
- Half bath (toilet room with wash basin)
- Bedroom 1 : King size bed (1m80 by 1m80) or two single beds. Bright provencal fabric, armoir and window to southern lawn.
- Bedroom 2 : King size bed (1m80 by 1m80) or two single beds. Large window to southern garden, bright and cheerful fabrics.
- Bedroom 3 : King size bed (1m80 by 1m80) or two single beds. Window to southern garden
- Bath with shower/tub and sink
- Bath with shower ans sink in travertine marble
- Separate toilet room, private and apart from the baths