Staying in la Maison du Meunier, will place you in the heart of Provence, between Saint-Remy-de-Provence, Avignon, Arles, the Luberon, the wine region of Cote du Rhone and Chateauneuf du Pape and the Pont du Gard. All are just an easy short drive away.
This adorable stone cottage, built in the early 19th century, was home to the head miller responsible for all the activities of running Moulin de la Roque. It is perfect for a small family, romantic couple, or traveling friends. Standing alone and separated from the other cottages, there is a nice view of the estate, the southern garden and lawn and one can hear the flowing stream just behind. The Wisteria stone terrace is stunning when in bloom (early Spring) and when not, it provides dappled shade and cool ambiance.
You can enter La Maison du Meunier through double french glass doors from your stone terrace or from a second entrance coming from your private parking space located just next to the house. The living area with original wooden beamed ceilings is cozy and comfortable with upholstered sectional sofa and chairs, decorated with fresh Provencal fabrics and antiques from Baron Fallon's family, which you will see present in most of the cottages and lodgings. A fireplace also adorns this lovely room as well as a large flat screen television, DVD player and stereo. Tucked to the side you will find a powder room with toilet and sink.
Just around the corner, your eat-in kitchen has the charming ambiance of the true provencal kitchen decorated in traditional tiles, wooden cabinets and armoire, original beamed ceilings and stone walls. There are all the modern conveniences; dishwasher, microwave, espresso machine, food processor, blender, convection oven and anything else you may need to prepare your Provencal cuisine. A butler’s pantry has been attached to expand the storage,preparation space and to include a standard large fridge / freezer and washing machine.
Upstairs you will find two bedrooms with cathedral exposed beamed ceilings and original stone walls. Cheerful Provencal fabric adorns the windows. Relax as you open the windows and hear the flowing stream as you sleep.
There is one full bathroom in travertine marble with large tub/shower and vasque marble sink. The toilet is located in a private room apart from this bath.
This house is warm, cozy and is a true piece of Provencal paradise.
- Private terrace covered by a Wysteria covered frame, facing south, expansive view of the southern park.
- Built-in barbecue
- Teak table, chairs and lounge chairs
- small annex for storing wood for the fireplace charcoal and outdoor cushions.
- Cozy charming living area with fireplace :
- Flat screen TV, with DVD player
- Stereo Radio/CD
(connection USB & SD card, MP3 compatible)
- WIFI Internet access
- Two entrances, one to your private parking, another through large french doors from your terrace.
- Powder room (toilet with wash basin)
- Fully equipped eat in kitchen with microwave, gaz cooktop, convention oven and dishwasher.
- A rear kitchen with refridgerator/freezer, washing machine, extra storage and food prep area.
- Bedroom 1: Nice room with views of the southern gardens, beamed cathedral ceilings and orignal stone walls. King bed or two singles
- Bedroom 2: King bed or 2 single beds, cathedral beamed ceilings and original stone walls. Possible to put a third bed if requested (see rate).
- Full bathroom: in Travertine marble with shower/tub and granite bowl sink. Hairdryer.
- Separate toilet room