5 bedrooms - 10 persons - 1600 sq.ft -150 m2
(en option : +1 pers.)
Quality label : 4 stars - 4 épis
This charming Provencal villa is large enough to accommodate 10 people very comfortably which makes it perfect for your group or family as it has a large living area, dining area, and kitchen. Families with children love this villa due to it’s size and the large lawn just in front where their children can play safely by close by. Restored from an early 19th century stone barn, Les Cigales was originally used to store wheat for the mill. You will enjoy its panoramic views on the southern garden and the sounds of the gently flowing river just behind. And, when you want to venture out, the mill (Moulin de la Roque) is convenient to all major autoroutes such as A7 from Marseille to Lyon, D100 to the Luberon and close to both Avignon (15 to 20 minutes) and Saint Remy de Provence (10 minutes).
Les Cigales can become an 8 bedroom villa (La Maison de Cezanne) by combining the adjacent house (Les Oliviers) and the grand salon in-between. For large groups or artist workshops, this would provide you with 8 bedrooms, 7 baths, two kitchens, two salons and an additional large salon which can be used as a larger eating area, seminar room or, for artists, a grand art studio.
Entering Les Cigales from the southern garden you will find your large Wisteria and Jasmin covered stone terrace with teak furniture and private stone barbecue. Behind a large set of French doors, is your living area with comfortable seating for all, a flat screen television and an old large stone chimney typical of France and this area. This spacious living area is open to both a large dining area (seating for up to 15) and just around the corner, a typical Provencal kitchen - fully equipped with everything you may need for your stay, including two refrigerators.
On the first floor, there are three bedrooms, all decorated with typical Provencal fabrics and paintings. Each have separate hidden wash basins, one has a small shower. Just down the hall from the dining area, there is a separate toilet, a full bath (tub, shower and wash basin) and another full bath (shower, wash basin and toilet).
On the second floor, there are two additional large bedrooms (each with wash basins), one full bath and shower, and a separate toilet room.
This is really a perfect house for families and groups as each bedroom and bath are very private and separate from the other.
- Private stone terrace (facing southern garden and expansive lawn)
- Teak table, umbrella and chairs
- Terrace is covered by a Wisteria and Jasmine vine covered frame.
- Spacious living area with large stone fireplace and
comfortable seating area:
- Flat screen TV,
with DVD player
- private phone
- Stereo Radio/CD
(connection USB & SD card, MP3 compatible)
- WIFI Internet access
- Dining area with large oak table and chairs
- Open large Provencal kitchen with gas cook top, convection oven, microwave, dishwasher, two refrigerators, and other essential appliances. Full of sunlight, windows with view of the southern garden.
- Bedroom 1 : Two single beds (can be king upon request), private bath with shower, cheerful provencal decor and fabric.
- Bedroom 2 : King bed, large, quiet with private bath (tub and shower),hidden wash basin,lovely provencal fabric.
- Bedroom 3 : Bedroom with private entrance to center courtyard. There are two single beds (can be king if requested) and wash basin. Private bath with shower and toilet.
- The foyer with large storage armoire and includes :
- Bedroom 4 :Large and colorful blue provencal fabric, king bed with private hidden wash basin. Shared bath (tub/shower) with adjacent bedroom.
- Bedroom 5 : Single beds (can be king upon request) and hidden private wash basin. Bright, cheerful and plenty of space.